Due to expansion, Parkway Volkswagen are looking to recruit a Technician for their busy site in Kettering, Northamptonshire.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a long established, family run, reputable Main Dealer.
are looking for a skilled, highly motivated individual to work as part
of our growing team within our recently refurbished workshops.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Completing scheduled vehicle servicing in line with manufacturer guidelines
- Undertaking diagnostic activities to identify causes and solutions for customer vehicle issues
- Conducting electronic visual health checks (eVHC) on all vehicles and
providing a comprehensive report with expert advice and recommendations
- Liaising directly with service advisors, providing outstanding customer service
- Ensuring vehicle servicing activities are completed in a safe and
high-quality manner, in line with both internal and manufacturer
- Participating in ongoing training and development to ensure product and service knowledge is up to date
- Mentoring and provide guidance to apprentice technicians, where applicable
- An MOT licence is preferred but not essential as there will be the opportunity to achieve your MOT qualification with us.
- Minimum Level 3 NVQ or equivalent in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
- Ability to understand and carry out basic diagnosis in both mechanical and electrical work
- Ability to understand and demonstrate advanced wiring diagrams
- Good customer communication skills, can provide opinions and verbal reason to customer discussions.
- To road test vehicles for quality control and /or diagnostic purposes
- You must hold a Full UK Driving Licence
- We offer a competitive basic salary of £26,000 (£27,300 with MOT Licence)
- Uncapped time saved bonus scheme
- Partially subsidised Volkswagen vehicle on a staff benefit scheme
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Comprehensive training and support programme.